International tax specialist
Taxology offers a challenging opportunity for talented and experienced international tax professionals to help scale and continuously improve its automated WHT recovery platform, and to help deliver the best-in-class associated tax advisory services to its pension fund clients.
Taxology has an open, innovative, creative, make-it-happen culture. We offer a flexible, informal and exciting working environment, with plenty of opportunities to grow as a professional and as an individual
Your role and responsibilities
As international tax specialist you will have significant impact on our growth and success. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Operating our software platform for our clients’ benefit on a daily basis in order to identify any and all WHT recovery opportunities, and file reclaims for opportunities identified;
- Working closely with our software developers to continuously develop, expand and improve our software platform (from a tax technical and tax content perspective);
- Follow up on reclaims filed (answer tax questionnaires from reclaim countries’ tax administrations, file objections and appeals in case of claims rejected, post refund assessments in clients’ PROTOCOL account);
- Managing the day-to-day business relationship between Taxology and its clients;
- Depending on your commercial skills and relationship management skills: join the sales and business development director on trips to meet prospective new pension fund clients.
- Academic degree in tax law or tax economics
- 5 - 10 years of experience as a tax advisor with one of the Big Four and/or a large law firm, or as an inhouse tax counsel with a pension fund, other institutional investors (e.g. banks, insurance companies) (mid-career), and/or custodian banks;
- Proven experience with WHT recovery;
- Digital-minded and tech-savvy;
- Self-starter attitude;
- Approach your work with the highest degree of accuracy;
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills, verbal and written in English;
Depending on your commercial skills and relationship management skills, this role will require regular travel throughout Europe and to North-America.
- A challenging and exciting position in a dynamic, innovative and young working environment
- An opportunity to really contribute and put your personal signature on the growth and success of Taxology.
- An attractive remuneration package
Taxology, established in The Netherlands in 2016, has developed a state-of-the-art web-based automated global withholding tax recovery platform, named Protocol, tailored to the specific requirements of pension funds. We are a young, fast-growing fintech company with a focus on tax and a global ambition.
We’ve always got room for new, creative or commercial talent to push us further. What can you bring to make us stronger?
Your place of work can be flexible (within reasonable limits) but our base is in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Please send us your motivation for replying to this job opening and a copy of your resume (CV) by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org